Author Topic: Hull Question Stinger  (Read 8773 times)

xl2000

Hull Question Stinger
« on: June 18, 2015, 05:02:10 pm »
Hello all!!

I got warned that stingers have sandwich hull, Can anyone confirm if it is true?
I am planning to buy one and need to know if I can suspect waterintrusion there also besides stringers and transom?
My older sea ray has a solid fiberhull and reinforcement with wood/balsa in deck and interiors but not the entire hull..'

I have heard that some older boats have sandwich hull and must be wery difficult to repair thats why I must know before I buy??

Regards
Johnny

stinger390x

Re: Hull Question Stinger
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 06:00:19 pm »
Not sure if they were but my 260 was built in Penatanguishine Ontario under licence by GREW Boats and my hull was SENSATIONAL! I was brutal on that boat and it held up beautifully.
My buddy's stinger is Florida boat and built in Bradenton and there were very disernable differences in our stringer and floor braces? Mine was built much tougher with extra braces in a criss cross pattern on the floor portion as his did not have the extra braces.
You should get yourself a "moisture metre" at Home Depot. They are about 40 bucks and work well on detecting water in the hull.

340mopar

• 1980 SCORPION 260-SL
MYSTERY
1980 SCORPION 260-SL