Author Topic: New to the site and just saying hi  (Read 8010 times)

supervette79

New to the site and just saying hi
« on: March 09, 2014, 07:56:16 am »
Just decided to drop in and introduce myself as I am sure to be on here quite a bit in the future.  I am the owner of a 1985 Stinger 260 that I pulled out of a barn that had been sitting for 7 years. At that time it need to be re-powered, re-wired, re-painted etc........basically gutted and restored (I like to call it re-born). I am by nature and profession, a car guy. I have restored and owned a few cars in my time and am the type to buy something broken and fix it as opposed to buying new.

I had decided last year that I wanted an off-shore style boat (I live 10 minutes away from the Saginaw Bay in Michigan so I would get plenty of use) and so I started to look for a boat. I looked at all the normal brands (Sunsation, Fountain, Etc) and was going to go that route....then I happened to stumble on this boat. BAM!! The lines, shape, etc just caught my eye. I sat and looked at the boat and the longer I looked at it, the more I was pushing my decision to restoring a classic 'muscle boat' instead of my normal 'muscle car'......plus I wouldn't have a payment as opposed if I bought a 5-10 year old boat.

So I bought it and and haven't looked back.

Is it the fastest? Not by a long shot and never will be. But I have had more people come up to me and talk about this boat then I ever have my any of my cars.....and the boat isn't even done!

I have never restored/worked on a boat before this one, so I am excited to have found this website as I will have lots of questions.

I will try and post pics on here one I figure out how to reduce the size of them.

ccstinger

Re: New to the site and just saying hi
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 05:29:44 pm »
Just wanted to welcome you.  Great story on your boat.  I have to say, I fell in love with the lines of the Stingers as well.  For me, the straighter lines of the 1984 models are the ones I like.  But all of the Stingers, including the euro-styled 334/375/385/415s are nice as well!

Look forward to seeing pictures.

Han

stinger390x

Re: New to the site and just saying hi
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 05:59:03 pm »
Welcome Aboard!
I too owned a 260 but it was an 87'
Had lots of Stingers from a 210 all the way to a 390X which I presently own. The five CC's I had were great boats!
Looking forward to seeing pics of yours...

Chime in soon.