Author Topic: Re powering Stinger 260  (Read 19319 times)

Andrewr612

Re: Re powering Stinger 260
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2013, 02:57:08 pm »
Hi, thanks for the pics - your boats look amazing - I'm trying a few places I found on the Internet in the US to see if they can supply the upholstery with the original colours.

Another question - since the windscreen frame is leaking it needs to be removed and reseated / resealed. However there is a plastic type trim around the outside and inside which is different front and sides. Since its brittle it will snap when removed. Any idea if replacement for this plastic trim is available? It's like a hard plastic strip and I think it covers the screws etc for the frame so needs to be removed from the outside...

Thanks

stinger390x

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2013, 06:41:41 pm »
Yes I know exactly what you are referring to.
My strips have shrunk over the years and the corners are a bit loose and short so the ends don't touch anymore, and yes they are very brittle from the UV's

I am not sure if anything is available but there is a company here in Ontario in Kitchener that makes all kinds of rubber and seal stuff called Sparneck or something like that? They are out on hwy 7 and I will stop by and see if they have anything as I need some for my window as well. I bought some hard to find rubber seal from this company a decade ago and they make all kinds of hard to find automotive trim.

Andrewr612

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2013, 12:21:35 am »
That sounds good - let me know how you go with those? I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't get them to remove the windscreen frame until I know if I can get those bits replaced...