Author Topic: Prop recommendations for Singer 313 Center Console  (Read 12276 times)

mragu

Prop recommendations for Singer 313 Center Console
« on: May 27, 2013, 04:00:19 pm »
Hi, I have a CC 313 Stinger Center Console. Twin 200HP 2 stroke Yamaha's. I would like a suggestion as to what size props to run. Boat came with 13-3/4x19" pitch but hubs are spun on them so I could not run boat. Thank you in advance, MIke

stinger390x

Re: Prop recommendations for Singer 313 Center Console
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 11:57:09 am »
Outboards are my weaker subject but I would recommend a "prop calculator"
They are all over the internet and you type in your boat weight, size etc and engines and it will recommend a prop for you.

Don't know how deep your drives dig into the water, but you might want to try a pair of "Clevers"?
I tried clevers on my 260 but my drives were too deep. The boat was lazy gettingh out of the water but the top end was incredible!
You may also consider the differences between a three and four blade prop too. Talk to a Mercury dealer. I did and he helped alot when I was playing with pitch and diameter.

mragu

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 09:57:29 pm »
Ran into a guy on internet who had one of the these and extensive experience with it. He had 225 mercs running 23" rev 4's and stated that it ran apprx 70mph which I found to be a bit optimistic. I bought rev 4 21"s since my motors are 200 hp and figured that would be a good place to start. I ran the boat last weekend in two to three footers in bay (it was VERY windy and rough) Did not have my hand held gps with me but I was VERY IMPRESSED with the ride and speed on the boat. I will forego claiming estimated numbers until I go for a ride this weekend with my hand held GPS but this boat is very quick. Also noticed NO bow rise when planing off. GOing to use the boat for the summer then do an extensive restoration over the winter. Should be a fun project.  Already removed interior and started to rebuild as needed and add a few things. Here are a couple of pics.

stinger390x

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 11:28:00 am »
Sounds like you started in the right place! Let us know how the props perfrorm in good waters with the gps.
Keep us informed.

Nice boat by the way!

at100plus

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 04:13:48 pm »
I bought this boat and the Rev4 21s from mragu.  I'm only turning 4900 RPMs at 49 MPH with twin 1987 225 Evinrudes.   Someone told me the Rev 4s are more like spinning 23s.  I've had a plethora of other issues working the bugs out of the motors and fuel system.  I think I have that fixed now but I'm still only turning 4900.   I just noticed Mragu said the boat only had 19s with the 200s.  Maybe I need to try a smaller pitch.

Anyone spinning 21 Rev 4s on a Stinger with twin 200ish power?

Anyone live in my area (NJ) have a set of counter rotating 19s I could try? 

at100plus

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 04:17:21 pm »
Video I think it was just about wide open at the beginning of this vacuum test video:

http://youtu.be/MeyVvZGoQIc

Another little crusin video:
http://youtu.be/lJ2zNTryhuI

at100plus

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2015, 10:01:48 am »
Well just an FYI.  I have 87 Bridgeport Evinrude 225s.  They couldn't turn Rev4 21s or Rev4 19s.  Even the 19s would bog planing and turn only 4900 with a full tank of fuel.  OMC SST 3 blade 21s work fine and put me at 55 MPH with 120 gallons of fuel and 4 aboard @ 5500 RPM.  I'm going to try a Mirage or Tempest 3 blade when I get a chance probably not till next season as it runs great now and I have a lot going on this summer.