Author Topic: News Story: Reward offered for stolen Stinger  (Read 14132 times)

ccstinger

News Story: Reward offered for stolen Stinger
« on: January 25, 2012, 06:25:04 pm »
Found this while looking for Stingers: http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=708873#.TyCcAU_XbxQ

Gallery page is here: http://chriscraftstingers.com/gallerypage.php?gallerydir=Guilty%20as%20Sin

From the article:
CrimeStoppers is offering a reward for information that leads to an arrest of those who stole a boat and trailer in Boone County.

The Boone County Sheriff’s Department said the cigarette-style boat and trailer were reported stolen Tuesday from a storage facility in the 8300 block of Interstate 70 Drive Southeast.

The victim said he last saw the boat Saturday night. The boat is a red, white and gray 1985 Chris Craft Stinger 312.The boat was named "Guilty as Sin" and was on a white triple axle trailer. Together, they are valued at $26,000.

Deputies said the suspect or suspects could have been driving an early 1990s white Chevrolet dual rear wheeled pickup truck with a black steel flatbed.

Anyone with information about this theft is urged to contact CrimeStoppers at 875-TIPS.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 05:55:26 pm by ccstinger »

stinger390x

Re: News Story: Reward offered for stolen Stinger
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 01:20:39 am »
That is so sad...........

You know the boat will be parted out and chopped up in a matter of days and never seen again.

Another one bites the dust???

I hope they catch the thiefs and make an example of them...

ccstinger

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 09:18:27 am »
When I read the story, I was thinking "why would someone steal a boat close to 25 years old?".  It can't be for parts because there are just not that many people still looking for parts - of the boat itself.  Maybe the engines & outdrives?  I figure it was someone who really liked the Stinger.  I was impressed by the value they put on the boat - $26,000!  This, after having sunk in a lake and recovered.

jesse 314

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 07:56:06 pm »
i find people who steal stuff generally are not super intelligent people and probably dont know the boats value compared to a newer boat. but i agree, hopefully they will find the guys and make an example of them, as i have no tolerance for people who steal from others who worked hard to get the things they own.

stinger390x

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 08:58:50 pm »
I agree Jesse. not rocket scientists for sure...

I had an idiot break into my car in broad daylight (around 5pm) in the parking lot of my condo (an upper scale neighbourhood) The thief destroyed my drivers door of my classic 1990 Supercoupe, one of only 1667 produced, and then he took the "control head" off the dash mount for my radio, and left the rest of the radio!
Now my Kenwood has no control head and buddy is trying to sell half a radio!!!

What a buthead!

These guys that stole the boat are probably just in need of some drives as usually the case of what I hear about up here in my area. Like I said they will probably discard the rest of the boat at pennies on the dollar to their buddies.

That is what I find so sad...Thieves have no scruples!

jesse 314

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 09:22:19 pm »
i had a 1990 supercoupe, a white one. great car

ccstinger

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 10:02:24 am »
This is too funny - I had a triple black 1990 Thunderbird SC - stick shift.  I wonder how many of those were built out of the 1667.

jesse 314

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 04:28:47 pm »
mine was a white one 5 speed as well, every option and only 35k on it, but i lent it to a buddy and he came back with a totaled   t-bird, i still owe him one for that. but i still have a 59 bird so it eases the pain

stinger390x

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 05:04:59 pm »
Mine was a red with black interior and every single option you could get...loaded!
It also had a five speed.

I guess we all have good taste in cars and boats... :)

stinger390x

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 10:27:48 am »
Been over a month now...

Wonder if anything has come up yet on the Stinger?