General Category > Chris Craft Stingers

I have questions about my 87 314

<< < (2/2)

stinger390x:
The hull design was meant for 58mph but like anything you can get it to go faster...how much money do you have?

My buddy had a 260 many years ago and he spent a fortune on two blocks He had that boat over 100mph and also has a picture of it in a Poker run right out of the water in mid air! That boat was "CRAZY FAST" but the hull could not take the abuse.

Be happy with 55-60mph as that is an average speed in the water for these types of hulls. My 390 used to do 110 but it now has smaller engines and I don't burn 65 gallons of gas every hour like it did when it was brand new! Back in 1985 my boat could be filled for $250 bucks...now it's $1700.
How fast do you need to go? Blowers, Turbos, high performance parts and huge carbureter's just dig into your wallet for weekend fun.

Aimel:
Thanks everyone for the info.  I will follow up with all your suggestions.  The triples are installed I'm looking to hit the water in a couple weeks for sea trials to fit the best set of props.  I'll keep everyone posted on what happens

stinger390x:
I hope you have one counter-rotation drive?
This will give much advantage when throttling up from a dead stop and the boat will go straight. If you have three identical engines and drives you will have a pull to starboard during acceleration.
The same thing happens with twins and it is very noticeable. My 260 had same-turning drives and it always yanked to one side (not a big deal but annoying)
My 390 has counter-rotating drives and when I throttle up it pulls straight and sweet!
I don't know how the triples will effect performance is all three are same rotating?
Just my 2 cents...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version