General Category > Chris Craft Stingers

1986 Stinger 390 - "Class Act" in Europe

<< < (2/3) > >>

smfadmin:
Wow! Looking through those pictures - your boat is like a time machine!  It's about as original as they come nowadays.  Maybe the gauges were changed out, and I haven't seen the batteries stored under the cockpit bench.  But the interior, the radio, the panels, exterior paint job, etc!  I'd love to hear the story of who originally owned the boat, how it got to Italy, etc.

stinger390x:
Yes I agree... lots to work with and it looks good. Move the batteries over to the port side inside of the engine bay compartment and clear that under-seat area for ropes and gear and whatnot. You don't want your batteries under there for safety reasons.

The scratches in the hull look only to be dock bruises and are in the gel coat. If you know how to fix this it is quite easy if you have the right tools but left unchecked, from what I can see, it looks like you can get it wet and go boating. I would however look into getting it fixed. If your not good with gel application call a local boat guy and get him to help you or do the job. You don't want the scratches to swell any worse or get moisture penetration into the hull over a long period of time. You could fix it for under a hundred dollars so if you need advice just ask and I will gladly give details on gel repair.

One small thing... your shifters are set up weird? I'm not saying wrong, only that it makes more sense if you set those things up like I have them. The shifters are on the inside towards the driver and the throttles are on the outside. They should be "paired" not split? (just a small detail I would change)

Wow! Can't believe you have the original Motorola stereo in it! I had the same thing in mine but I took it out to replace it with the top of the line Clarion. By the way that Clarion fits right in the hole very nicely and covers most of it. The rest of the hole I use for storage of CD's and DVD's.
Your interior is the same colour as mine. Looks good! Are your teak sliding doors still on the cabinetry? Not sure from the pics as they look open??? The hole in the floor in the carpet is for a table stand. I see your missing the little aluminum slot that bolts to the floor to take the tube? I think you can find one of those at any RV store as they are all the same. I bought the tube from a store and made my own card table between the chairs. Great for the laptop too!

Let us know how the engine thing fairs out and if you get it running ok.

xl2000:
Any News and updates about this Italian Stinger?

stinger390x:
yes I was also hoping to hear something.....
It took me two years to find a good engine replacement for my boat and I live in Niagara so it must be almost impossible to find a good block in Europe?!?!?!?????

I hope he made out ok?

archareon:
Jeezes I saw the pics and the boat is in a bad shape.  I think you've got a mercruiser 454 engine with TRS drive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version