General Category > Chris Craft Stingers

stinger 314 general questions

<< < (2/4) > >>

ccstinger:
A radar arch from a 1984 Chris Craft Stinger 260 just went up for sale on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140690846793&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

jesse 314:
thanks for the update, is the 260 the same 8' beam. also this may be a stupid question so no laughing, but what do you do if you wanna anchor and stay the night somewhere. my stinger has no anchor or a good spot up front for one. so what do you guys do.

jesse 314:
also ill have to post some pics cause i can never leave well enough alone and have now stripped the entire boat and have decided to go over just about everything. it seems everytime i touch something i cant leave it alone, i should no better by now but still havent figured it out. i do have another question. there is a large grey stripe running down the side of my boat and i would like it to be black. now i am able to paint it myself, or should i buy vinyl and just wrap the stripe on and be done with it.

stinger390x:

--- Quote from: jesse 314 on January 28, 2012, 07:38:58 pm ---thanks for the update, is the 260 the same 8' beam. also this may be a stupid question so no laughing, but what do you do if you wanna anchor and stay the night somewhere. my stinger has no anchor or a good spot up front for one. so what do you guys do.

--- End quote ---

If your in a lake then you can do what I do...
I have two anchors and I put one out each side which stabilizes the boat for calm bay mooring. Just tie to the factory cleats on the gunwhales.

If your in a river with any current, or at bay at a beach with a strong wind, then you MUST anchor from the nose. Use the trailer cleat on the bow and run an anchor out about the lenght of the boat or at least 1/3 longer. Good anchors must have at least 6 feet of heavy chain(usually galvanised or sheathed) as to add weight so the anchor sits in the sand horizontal when you toss it out.

My 390 has never lost a mooring as I follow these steps I mentioned

I hope that helps?

stinger390x:

--- Quote from: jesse 314 on January 28, 2012, 07:52:56 pm ---also ill have to post some pics cause i can never leave well enough alone and have now stripped the entire boat and have decided to go over just about everything. it seems everytime i touch something i cant leave it alone, i should no better by now but still havent figured it out. i do have another question. there is a large grey stripe running down the side of my boat and i would like it to be black. now i am able to paint it myself, or should i buy vinyl and just wrap the stripe on and be done with it.

--- End quote ---

Use a quality epoxy type catalysed paint that will be waterproof and seal all cracks and holes from moisture. There are many good marine brands so i do not want to lean on one brand or another. Do your research!
Colour is not a problem as most inside coats are grey from what I have seen but you can get them in tinted colours as well but it costs more for the hue. Guys who detail their boats to the extreme will buy coloured coats such as blue or red or something like that.
Use a roller and avoid bubbles when applying...stipple them out if you have to! Also make sure the bottom is cleaned with solvent before you apply any topcaot, as you want optimum adhesion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version