General Category > Chris Craft Stingers

stinger 314 general questions

<< < (4/4)

stinger390x:

--- Quote from: jesse 314 on March 14, 2016, 03:27:49 pm ---Also here is how the interior came out. Bought a sewing machine and taught myself. After a couple try's it came out well!!!

--- End quote ---

Beautiful Job Jesse!!!!!!!!!!
Well done. I used to own of my own sewing machine and did a lot of my own upholstery. It's not an easy trade to learn and it takes lots of patience so congrats on your new skill.

jesse 314:
Thanks guys. I'm always working on it. Does anybody have any advice on my outboard dilemma?

Aimel:
Hey Jesse,
I have converted mine to trips.  It looks pretty awesome.  I had a custome floatation bracket made for it and had the transome completely rebuilt and reinforced to hold triple 350 4cycle Mercs.  I've yet to get the Mercs.  Saving up the $$$.
I had to rebuild the transome due to the stock brackets had started to cut into the transome and the transome started to rot.  As far as needing to reinforce I would.  The average 250 outboard weighs 700-800 lbs plus the and extra bracket or new bracket is another 100-200 lbs.  then you have to figure the added stress of the extra power.
Good luck and have fun with your project.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version