General Category > Chris Craft Stingers

stinger 314 general questions

<< < (3/4) > >>

jesse 314:
So i finally finished my 314 project, and she looks beautiful. I brought her out for the first time last friday and she was a real head turner. Since it was my first time out with her i cruised around for about 20 minutes getting familiar with her at about 25mph and all was going well. opened her up and we hit 64 on gps and she was running great. After about an hour of running up and down the lake and really enjoying her i throttled back and one of the engines quit running. Long story short my direct injection oil system on the yammie outboard quit. So she SEIZED. We limped home on one engine and since last friday i have removed the powerhead and split the cases. thankfully it was just one cylinder and the the liner survived the ordeal with very minimal damage. a slight ball honing cleaned her right up. aluminum piston took most of the damage, so waiting on gaskets, rings and a piston and with some luck ill be back out there soon. but she sure does look good in the driveway

jesse 314:
Hey guys. Well after a few trouble free years with my stinger I have decided to re-power with new to me outboards. My question is this, I'm sure I can hang twin 250's no problem with a new flotation style bracket(instead of the gill bracket I have now), but thinking about triples. Do you guys think major transom reinforcing would be needed for trip 250's? I originally had twin 200's on the old heavy brackets.
Thanks guys

jesse 314:
Also here is how the interior came out. Bought a sewing machine and taught myself. After a couple try's it came out well!!!

smfadmin:
Wow! - That Stinger is looking great!

340mopar:
I love what you did with the inside!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version