Welcome to the Chris-Craft Stingers website!
The Chris-Craft company is primarily known for its wooden boats built during the 1920s until the 1970s. However, Christopher Columbus Smith, the founder of Chris-Craft, got his start with powered boats by building customized race boats for customers which went on to win various racing awards. After years of building boats, in 1981 the Chris Craft boating division (known as Chris-Craft industries at the time) was sold to Murray Industries. It was at this time that Chris-Craft started producing a sporty, high-performance model called Stinger. The Stinger came in many different lengths, with different options, but they all had classic speed boat lines, and harkened back to the heyday of Chris-Craft boating by including teak trim throughout the cockpits in earlier years.
This website was created specifically with the intention of documenting Chris-Craft Stingers built between 1982 - 1989, and includes the following pages:
- For Sale - a listing of Stingers currently for sale on this website.
- Forums - discussion forums on various Stinger-related subjects.
- Galleries - photographs of Stingers in the registry.
- Hin Decode - a page for decoding hull numbers, telling you where and when your boat was built.
- History - a comprehensive history of the Stingers.
- Maps - a map that shows the location of Stingers in the regsistry.
- Models - detailed specs and price-sheets for all of the Stingers.
- Newsletters - an archive of monthly newsletters.
- Parts - Stinger parts for sale.
- Registry - the registry of Stingers, includes graphs showing how many Stingers were built by year and how many models were built.
If you would like to add your boat to the registry, or list it for sale, please feel free to contact me.